7/19/11

I was reading a blog post done by Marcus at Trans Canada Coyote about how different he sees the world after being on T for a few months and about how he is saddened by the fact that most men are painted with a negative brush by women (you will have to read the entry to get his point, I am not going to reproduce it here). He mentions how as a "primarily estrogen based organism" for most of his life he has learned how to be a man not from men but from women. He fears he will be painted with that same negative brush as he becomes more masculine and passes more regularly. It struck a chord with me because I have been thinking about very similar things. I have never really had a positive, stable male influence in my life and most of what I know about being a man is from movies and television and the women around me. My father left before I was born, my first step father was certainly not a good role model and my current step father and I don't really know each other on a deep level despite him being around since I was 13. I wonder if how I will see the world as a man and how the world relates to me as a man will be influenced by me spending most of my life living as a woman. Will it give me some insight? Will it make me a "better" man?

No comments:

Post a Comment