7/17/11

Letter Day

I have done it. I just sent my "coming out" letter into the ether. It goes like this:

      I am writing this letter to you all because I am going through a big change in my life that I want to share with close family, friends and those I have regular interaction with. After a lot of thought, meditation and self reflection I have come to the conclusion that I am Transgendered. For me that means that I experience a discontinuity between my assigned gender and what I feel my core gender is.
I am revealing this information to you all because I feel it is important that we maintain communication and my relationship with you is important to me and I would like to keep you close.  In order for me to begin to live my life in the way that will make me happiest and most at peace with myself a few things will happen immediately. I have chosen a different name and I have chosen to be identified by masculine (he, his, etc.) or gender neutral (they, theirs, etc.) pronouns.
I want you to know that I have not come to this realization lightly. It has taken a lot of very difficult and frightening soul searching for me.  I feel that living my life this way will be hard but in the end, it will make me happiest.
I know that many of you may have questions or concerns and I welcome them. I respect your position in my life and value our relationship. Please feel free to send me a private message or email or call me on the phone. Also, I have attached some links that might begin to answer some of your questions.
Thanks.
With love,
Alix 


I sent it out over Facebook (classy, I know) to all of my family that is on there as well as a few close friends/people I talk to regularly. I just hit "send" not 5 minutes ago and I feel like my heart is sitting somewhere between my throat and the top of my head. I might puke. It is done, it is out there, and there is no turning back. 

Oh god.

No comments:

Post a Comment